Monday, September 14, 2015

DIY Counter Cleaner

It's been almost a year since our kitchen remodel. I absolutely love my granite counters, but I don't love the high maintenance. I priced around at various retailers for granite cleaner and did not return home impressed with prices. With my new glass stove top, I need a special cleaner for that, with my new refrigerator (glossy black) I need a cleaner for that, and with the new counters I need a cleaner for that. I knew there was some way to tackle all of these with simple solutions. After searching and trying different mixes, I found a granite cleaner that sufficed.
Granite Cleaner
1/4 c rubbing alcohol
5-8 drops of Dawn detergent
2 cups water
5 drops lemon oil (preference)
Mix together in spray bottle. Spray surface, wipe with clean damp or dry towel, let air dry. I also use this on my glass table tops too. Dries so shiny and clean.

For the everyday cleanup I use Melaleuca's Tough and Tender on the stove top and on the counters. Once a week we spray down the counters with Pledge to shine and seal the granite. We have a granite composite sink as well so the Pledge works great to clean and return it back to it's original appearance. So, that is how I'm able to maintain my beautiful new kitchen on a fraction of the cost.

No comments:

Post a Comment